Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Big Yellow Bugs

4/22/18 Roosevelt Way NE in Maple Leaf

On Sunday afternoon I took a walk in the sunshine through the neighborhood. My goal was to make note of architectural styles that I want to sketch for my series on Maple Leaf houses. I didn’t get very far, though, because I found this pair of excavators, which look like yellow praying mantises, resting on Roosevelt Way. Somehow heavy equipment is always more seductive than houses.

By the way, despite the sunshine, those trees behind the excavators were still as bleak and bare as winter. Id feel more confident that spring were really here if all the trees were leafed. Maybe this weeks expected warm temperatures (77 on Thursday?!) will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...