Thursday, February 15, 2018

Striped and Soggy

2/15/18 Wedgwood neighborhood

Although it’s not unheard of, urban couches usually hibernate in winter. People move out of rentals at all times of the year, but “free” furniture doesn’t sell well when its all wet. Which explains why this striped one in the Wedgwood neighborhood has been in the same spot for at least three days – it’s getting soggier every minute. I’ve been wanting to sketch it since the first time I saw it, but to do so would require parking illegally across the street. Today I threw caution to the wind, parked dangerously close to a stop sign for a few minutes, and bagged another trophy.

4 comments:

  1. Nothing like a soggy couch!
    I want to tell you how much I appreciate your encourgement to try toned paper! I finally bought a small Stillman & Bern Nova, and I love how my sketch turned out. I used watercolor pencils and ink, white highlights. But it never would have happened without your influence! I wish I could share it with you, but I’m not very tech savey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Cathy, I'm so happy to hear that! Good for you for giving it a shot! I'd love to see your sketch -- you can e-mail it to me at: tina.k(at)juno(dot)com ! :-)

      Delete
  2. Good capture. Urban Sketching has its risks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great captureQ Can you imagine having to pick that up at some point...wet, soggy, and heavy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...