Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Squash Season

10/4/16 water-soluble colored pencils
Greg and I both like squash. It can be sweet or savory, it comes in many varieties, it’s easy to bake, and it’s comfort food on a cold evening. But let’s face it: The main reason we eat squash frequently in the fall and winter is so that I can sketch them!

Last winter I sketched a carnival squash in various media. We had a kabocha in the spring so that I could paint it with watercolors. Last week it was a sweet dumpling squash, and this week it’s an acorn, both in colored pencils. In case you haven’t guessed, I shop for them by color and shape, not taste, but that sweet dumpling squash was very tasty!

9/28/16 colored pencils

1 comment:

  1. I like squash too. I'll have to get some and paint them. Love this last yellow one with the bits of green. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...