Monday, January 19, 2015

Another Peek-a-Boo View (Sketch No. 8)

1/19/15 Super 5 Frankfurt, Iroshizuku Fuyu-syogun and Tsuyu-kusa inks,
Caran d'Ache Museum water-soluble colored pencil, Zig marker,
Canson XL 140 lb. paper
It’s been close to three months since I sketched a Roosevelt Light Rail Station construction crane. Too cold to stand on the street or even sit at Starbucks’ outdoor tables where I last sketched one, today I remembered that the same Starbucks has a bar-like table against large windows facing the same direction. At a slightly different angle than last time, I gave that view a try. It’s mostly blocked by large trees, but in a few months those same trees will be fully in leaf, obstructing the view even more, so I figured I might as well sketch what I can now. 

1 comment:

  1. You're right that once that tree is in full foliage it will block the view of the crane. Glad you caught it now. Nice!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...