Monday, July 7, 2014

PCC Courtyard

7/7/14 Sailor Jentle Doyou, Diamine Grey and mixed green inks,
Kuretake brush pen, Caran d'Ache Museum water-soluble
colored pencils, Canson XL 140 lb. paper
The Green Lake neighborhood has a brand new PCC Natural Market with underground parking (duly noted for the rainy season so I can get there straight from my garage and not get wet) and a tree-filled courtyard with both sun and shade. I was there late-afternoon today, so only one couple was eating at the outdoor tables. Although I was pleased to have caught my victim’s jaw mid-chew and full of food (the kind of photo you hate to see of yourself!), by the time I started on his girlfriend, they were done.

With no more dining victims to sketch, I took a longer view to sketch some of the tall yet skinny-trunked trees and afternoon shadows.

Seated in the shade with an iced coffee, I decided this place has a lot of potential for more summertime sketching! Bonus: It’s a block away from my yoga class, so I probably won’t have to play hookey to sketch there.

7/7/14 Sailor Jentle Doyou ink

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like the perfect location no matter what the weather. I like the sketch with the shaded steps and the shadows on the ground. Nice sketch while you sip your iced coffee.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...