Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Whidbey Ice Cream at Wallingford Market


6/25/14 Diamine Chocolate Brown, Diamine Grey and Pilot Iroshizuku Ku-Jaku inks, Sailor pen, Caran d'Ache Museum water-soluble colored pencils, Canson XL 140 lb. paper

It was the first day of school last year when I sketched the Whidbey Island Ice Cream Company’s cart at Wallingford Farmers Market. Today I tried to take in a wider view along with the ice cream vendor. After spending a half-hour hard at work on that sketch and watching all the people walk away with chocolate-dipped ice cream bars, I couldn’t resist getting one for myself – mocha mousse flavor!

6/25/14 Diamine Chocolate Brown and Grey inks, Sailor pen, Caran d'Ache Museum
water-soluble colored pencils, Zig markers, Canson XL 140 lb. paper
With that indulgence under my belt, I had to go work it off – by making a second sketch, this time of the flower vendor from a distance.

Ahh, summer!


1 comment:

  1. Now I want an ice cream...thanks! LOL Good sketches of both. How great that you have weekday markets to sketch.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...