Thursday, January 30, 2014

Running Dry

1/30/14 Diamine Chocolate Brown, Iroshizuku Kiri-Same and
Diamine Grey inks, Canson mixed-media sketchbook (20-min. pose)


Ever since last October, against all the “rules,” I’ve been using a fountain pen for some of the longer poses at life-drawing sessions. (It’s as rebellious as this good girl gets.) Today my favorite Sailor pen filled with my favorite Diamine Chocolate Brown ink ran dry right after I started a 20-minute pose (at left), so I had to continue it with Pilot Iroshizuku Kiri-Same, which has such a pale wash (as I discovered previously) that I had to help the shading along with a light gray Zig marker and the Diamine Grey ink I keep in a waterbrush. To my surprise, I like the mix of the warm and cool together. Sometimes running out of a favorite turns into a good experiment.
1/30/14 Nero pencil (5-min. pose)

1/30/14 Pitt Big Brush Artist's Pen
(2-min. pose)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...