Wednesday, October 16, 2013

“Each Drawing Contains Truth”

5/18/13 watercolor
While working, I’ve been looking out the window all day for the sun to break out of this morning’s solid fog bank and now overcast sky so that I can go sketch some trees that are demanding a strong, slanted light. I kept thinking that when the sun finally came through, I’d drop everything and dash out the door. But it’s now almost 4 p.m., so I’m having doubts about the weather man’s promise.

Disappointed, I started reading my favorite blogs, and one was Danny Gregory’s. I’ve been visiting his blog ever since I read (for the first of four times) his book, The Creative License. He usually has interesting observations or insightful wisdom about art and creativity, but today his post, and especially this quotation, really struck home:

“Each drawing, whether you know it at the time or not, contains truth. You just have to trust it and keep on drawing and writing and living your life.”

Go read the rest of his post. (I don’t have a sketch for today, so I’m posting this one from several months ago that never got posted.) Hey, the sun! Gotta run.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...