Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Missing Fountain


8/13/13 Platinum Carbon ink, watercolor, Stillman & Birn Beta sketchbook
Where the heck did that fountain go?

A year ago I sketched an interesting fountain at University Village, where I had used a white opaque gel pen to depict the streams of water. I wanted another crack at my latest sketching nemesis, fountains (or, more specifically, the water streaming out of them), and depicting the water with paint only. I walked around U Village at least three times this afternoon looking for that fountain before I figured out that it must have been removed with the ongoing construction there. So I had to keep looking for something else to sketch.

Not exactly a fountain, this “water feature” looks like a brick wall, but water pours out from between the bricks as if the wall is leaking. Painting the water wasn’t going the way I had hoped, but I found myself getting more interested in sketching the young woman sunning her legs, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...