Friday, June 7, 2013

First Phinney Farmers Market of the Year


6/7/13 Platinum Carbon ink, watercolor, Stillman & Birn sketchbook
What’s up with today’s solid cloud cover?
 
After a full week of sunshine, I had started to think summer was really here and was looking forward to a sunny afternoon at the Phinney Farmers Market season premier. But the strings and accordion of Tinker’s Dram, a local group playing traditional and original tunes, brightened up the market. When I like the music, I’m torn between sketching and tapping a toe, since I can’t do both (unless I want jiggly lines).
 
I need to take a lesson in doing two things at once from the performer I sketched on my way out. He played both a banjo and kazoo, the latter strapped to his head, simultaneously, as well as a third horn-like instrument, also attached to his head.
 
6/7/13 Diamine Eclipse ink, Sailor pen
On my drive home, the scent of my first local strawberries of the year filled the car. Who needs sunshine? Summer’s here.

1 comment:

  1. Great sketches Tina! I saw "The Gin Jars" aka kazoo guy at Folklife, good stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...