Friday, January 25, 2013

Early Morning Coffee


1/25/13 Diamine Eclipse ink, Zig marker, Hand Book journal
Depending on the time of day I go to Zoka, its patrons’ activities vary greatly. In the late morning and afternoon, it’s full of people busily working on their laptops or checking messages on their phones. I went earlier than usual this morning, and I caught a meeting in progress – a rare opportunity to sketch people interacting with each other instead of their electronics. Although the group was more difficult to sketch because they moved around more than gadget users, I enjoyed the challenge of trying to capture their dynamics.
 
1/25/13 Diamine Chocolate Brown ink
Today I spotted an even rarer sight: a man simply relaxing and drinking his morning coffee! (Who does that in a coffee shop?!)
 
When I was about to leave, the regular Go tournament that I've sketched previously was just getting started, so I couldn’t resist a quick profile of one of the players. I looked at my watch and made a mental note to get there around 9 o’clock next time with the hope that I’ll be able to sketch more of a match.
 
1/25/13 Diamine Chocolate Brown
(By the way, this guy really did wear his glasses with the earpiece and temple way above his ear. Drawing the temple of glasses is usually the way I figure out where to put the ear, so this one surprised me.)






1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...