Monday, December 31, 2012

Wrapping Up the Year with Randomness


1/2/12 Copic Multiliner, watercolor
12/31/12 Diamine Chocolate Brown ink
Since I already did my “looking back on the year” post yesterday, I didn’t leave myself anything insightful or introspective to write about today, the last day of 2012. Hoping to dig up a sketch from Jan. 1, 2012, that I could post next to a sketch made today (symbolically showing the passage of the year?), I went through my sketchbook from that period, but I must have been busy with other things on New Year’s Day because I couldn’t find anything until this lemon I sketched on Jan. 2 (I hadn’t yet become an urban sketcher, so most of my sketches from that period are still lifes).
 
I could mention a few sketching-related resolutions I’ve made (1. Sketch at least one car a week until I see improvement or get bored silly, whichever comes first; 2. Flush out my fountain pens more regularly so they won’t clog; 3. Instead of whining about the weather being too cold and rainy to sketch outdoors, sketch more still lifes at home), but I stopped making resolutions years ago, so that would be contrived.
 
12/31/12 Diamine Eclipse ink, Zig markers, S & B sketchbook
So, lacking both insight and introspection, I’ll indulge in randomness and simply post three sketches I made today, the last day of 2012, and call it good.
 
Happy New Year!
12/31/12 Diamine Twilight ink, Stillman & Birn sketchbook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...