Sunday, October 21, 2012

Columbia City


10/21/12 Platinum Carbon ink, watercolor, Stillman & Birn sketchbook
My outdoor thermometer read 44 degrees when I left the house this morning to meet other Seattle Urban Sketchers in the Columbia City neighborhood. One of the things I value most about being an Urban Sketcher (aside from meeting fun people) is that I get acquainted with neighborhoods I’m not familiar with, despite being a lifelong Seattle resident. (My unfamiliarity with this neighborhood is especially surprising because Columbia City is only a couple miles from my high school.) 
 
Even with fingerless gloves on, it was chilly, but Columbia City is hospitable to sketchers with several benches and small tables on the sidewalks. I spotted a bench across the street from an old clock that caught my eye at the corner of Rainier Avenue South and South Ferdinand Street.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...